No one can argue that Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. That is because it is the meal where we get the most energy from.
If you want to lose weight, I highly recommend not skipping breakfast at all. Not only will you be low on energy but you’re also guaranteed to weaken your metabolism if you’re not eating breakfast.
Now, there are a lot of breakfast options you can choose and which one is entirely up to you.
But, if you have a hard time knowing which food you want, I am here to help you because I will share with you an amazing breakfast recipe.
Today, we are going to cook the Almond Protein Pancakes. These pancakes are not only delicious but it also contains a lot of macronutrients as well.
This dish does not contain actual almonds (nuts) but it contains Almond Meal Flour. So, without further ado, here are all the ingredients that you need to cook the Almond Protein Pancakes:
- 2 oz Vanilla Whey Protein
- 1/4 cup Almond Meal Flour
- 3 Tablespoons Whole Grain Soy Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder (Double Acting)
- 1/3 cup Creamed cottage cheese
- 3 Large whole eggs
- Get a small bowl and mix the almond meal, your choice of protein powder, baking powder, and soy flour altogether. Make sure that you mix them well to avoid any flavor loss.
- Get a non-stick frying pan or skillet and then heat it up over medium heat. Get a butter or canola oil just to grease the pan.
- For an accurate pancake each and every time, fill up 1/4 of a cup before pouring it into the skillet. Cook until small bubbles form in the middle of the pancake. During this time, turn the pancake over and cook for 2 minutes. Serve and Enjoy!
The Almond Protein Pancakes is a delicious breakfast treat, especially for bodybuilders. Each pancake contains roughly between 20-30 calories (depending on the brand of the protein powder you used).
Not only that but this breakfast dish also contains 1.6 grams of dietary fiber, 9.9 grams of fat and only contains 191 calories per 4 servings.
This is by far one of the healthiest pancakes I’ve ever made. I am a bodybuilder and I frequently go to the gym.
Before I go to the gym and do workouts, though, I need to eat a meal that contains a lot of protein. That is because I want to ensure that I will have enough energy before finishing my sets.
Furthermore, the Almond Protein Pancakes is also a perfect post workout meal as it contains only a few calories but each serving has a whopping 20-30 grams of protein, perfect for that after-workout snack.
If you want to lose weight or you want to build muscle, the Almond Protein Pancakes is perfect for you. This dish is easy to prepare and cook and it will only take you roughly 15 minutes to cook it.